Orlando, FL – It isn’t until you move into your new Orlando home that you usually learn about Indoor Air Quality. And, more importantly that you could or should have your home’s air ducts professionally cleaned. Sometimes you might get a recommendation from your real estate agent or the home inspector, because the home was recently inspected as part of the sale.
So, what are the signs?
LOTS of dust and debris in the HVAC system and ducts. Before you pick up the phone to schedule a professional visit, make sure you do a bit of research. General, new homebuyers are inundated with mailers for everything from roofers to landscapers. Unfortunately, a lot of the flyers you see from air duct cleaners in Orlando promise to clean each vent for crazy low prices that is never accurate. It’s the old bait and switch routine. The get to the house promising one thing then tell you you need a lot more. Next thing you know your expected $100 bill is now 5 times more.
So which Orlando Air Duct Cleaner do you call?
Here’s some information from the EPA website that will help. Some simple things your service provider should do when cleaning your home’s ducts…
- Open access ports or doors to allow the entire system to be cleaned and inspected.
- Inspect the system before cleaning to be sure that there are no asbestos-containing materials in the HVAC system. If asbestos is present, a special cleaning must be done.
- Use HEPA (high-efficiency particle air) vacuuming equipment if the vacuum exhausts inside the home. Otherwise, use equipment that exhausts outside of the home.
- Protect carpet and furnishing during cleaning.
- Use well-controlled brushing of duct surfaces in conjunction with contact vacuum cleaning.
- Use only soft-bristled brushes for fiberglass duct board and sheet metal ducts internally lined with fiberglass.
- Take care to protect ductwork, including sealing and re-insulating any access holes so they’re airtight.
- Follow NADCA’s standards for air duct cleaning and NAIMA’s recommended practice for ducts containing fiberglass or constructed of fiberglass duct board.
About ABC Air Duct Cleaning in Orlando
If you need more information about our air duct cleaning, dryer vent and/or chimney cleaning services, please contact us at (407) 477-4302. ABC’s staff has been providing honest air duct, dryer vent chimney services for 20 years. Our Central Florida air duct cleaning company has its main office in Orlando, FL. ABC Cleaning, Inc. is proud to serve residential and commercial customers throughout Central Florida (Orange County, Seminole County, Lake County, Brevard County, and Volusia County). Our certified staff specialize in air duct cleaning & disinfecting, mold & mildew treatments, chimney cleaning & repair, and dryer vent cleaning.