The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) suggests having our ducts cleaned if the surface of your ducts have visible mold, but the truth is that most of the areas of your HVAC system that contain mold probably are not even visible to the average homeowner. To avoid the health hazards associated with mold in air ducts, it’s very important to reduce the sources of particulates and moisture found in your ductwork.
- Contact ABC Cleaning to have your HVAC system inspected and cleaned. Cleaning your air duct system removes the particulates and chemicals that are trapped in your ductwork.
- Use central air conditioning set on “recirculate.” Doing this will eliminate practically any of the pollen and mold from the air within your home.
- Make sure you’re using a vacuum that has a HEPA filtration.
- If possible remove any carpeting in your home. Hard surfaces such as tile and hardwood are much easier to clean. Additionally, reduce the amount of drapery in your home as well.
- Before entering your home, remove Take your shoes outside, by the door.
Preventing mold in heater vents
Moisture is the enemy! So, the best way to prevent mold from infesting your home, and specifically your air conditioning and heating vents is by reducing the levels of moisture inside your home. Proper air conditioning and ventilation in areas particularly that are prone to attacks, like your bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens are your best bet.
There are other small changes that can be made such as using a HEPA filter in the air conditioning system. Contact ABC Cleaning to provide maintenance to all the parts of your HVAC system including the coils, can also help reduce the risk of mold spores entering the air ducts. Additionally, ABC Cleaning can inspect and clean your furnace or air conditioning system annually to complete these tasks.
In Central Florida, our environment is very humid so you may consider investing in a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air, which is needed for mold spores to thrive. Lastly, if you’re renovating and there is a lot of dust, make sure to shut your vents with plastic sheeting to keep the vents clean.
About ABC Cleaning, Inc. of Orlando, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1992, ABC Cleaning, Inc. has been the acknowledged leader in air duct cleaning, chimney cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We’re NADCA certified, we consistently invest in and have the most modern equipment and utilize the latest technology available with the best-trained service technicians in all of Orlando. If you need help deciding whether to replace or repair faulty ducts, please contact us at ABC. We provide quality HVAC service throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities. Please give us a call today at (407) 381-2120. We are here to help!