Prevention of duct contamination is key to avoiding problems. Follow these recommendations to avoid the need for costly duct cleaning:
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on HVAC systems, by complying with manufacturer schedules for changing HVAC filters, cleaning coils, and other components.
- During building renovation, seal ductwork to prevent construction dust and debris from entering the HVAC system. • Maintain good housekeeping in occupied spaces.
- Ensure that air intakes are located away from contaminant sources.
- Consider routine inspections of ductwork. The National Air Duct Cleaning Association (NADCA)’s standard, “Assessment, Cleaning and Restoration of HVAC Systems- ACR 2013,” recommends that HVAC systems be visually inspected for cleanliness at regular intervals, depending on building use. For healthcare facilities, the standard recommends annual inspections of air handling units and supply/return ductwork.
- New ductwork frequently contains oil and debris. Before new ductwork is connected to the air handling system, it should be inspected for cleanliness and cleaned if
When duct cleaning may be appropriate
Although the value of routine duct cleaning remains questionable, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and industrial hygienists agree that duct cleaning (or, in some cases, duct replacement) is appropriate in the following circumstances:
- Permanent or persistent water damage in ducts.
- Slime or microbial growth observed in ducts.
- Debris build‐up in ducts that restricts airflow.
- Dust discharging from supply diffusers
- Offensive odors originating in ductwork or HVAC
About ABC Cleaning, Inc. of Orlando, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1992, ABC Cleaning, Inc. has been the acknowledged leader in air duct cleaning, chimney cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We’re NADCA certified, we consistently invest in and have the most modern equipment and utilize the latest technology available with the best-trained service technicians in all of Orlando. If you need help deciding whether to replace or repair faulty ducts, please contact us at ABC. We provide quality HVAC service throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities. Please give us a call today at (407) 381-2120. We are here to help!