Here in Central Florida, summer-like temperatures typically start pretty early on in the year. And as we all know, even in the dead of winter we can have our A/C’s on and running. Making sure you stay comfortable in your home by constantly having the A/C on can be costly and irritating, and if you find that your A/C is running all the time, there could be an issue with your HVAC system or an issue in your home. It is best to have a professional come and take a look at your HVAC to ensure your system is running smoothly and efficiently. But in the meantime, here are some troubleshooting tips you can keep in mind when trying to find out what’s really going on…
- Check Your Filters. If you can’t remember the last time you changed your HVAC system’s air filter, than it could likely be the cause of your A/C constantly running. Because of constricted air flow, when your filter becomes clogged, cool air is unable to be produced and reached throughout your home and without air flowing over the coils, your system cannot remove any humidity in the air. This makes your HVAC constantly have to run longer and harder in order to try and cool your home to the set temperature, especially during the daytime hours. This is one of the more common reasons A/C system’s tend to break down and overheat. Make sure to clean and replace your air filters once a month or as recommended by it’s manufacturer.
- Improper Installation. Every so often we may encounter a home that has had previous installation issues. Some companies will install the wrong size units and ducts, posing a threat to HVAC’s which can be damaging and costly.
- Too Large. If your HVAC unit is in fact too large, it will not be able to remove moisture from your home’s air resulting in damp air posing risks of mold and mildew. If your unit does not fit, it will also have shorter run times but use higher amounts of electricity resulting in costly utility bills every month.
- Too Small. If the HVAC unit installed is too small, it will end up having to work harder to cool the air in your home and may never actually be able to do so. This constant and hard running will over time damage and deplete your HVAC system’s life span and without a doubt have it breakdown.
- Duct Size. Taking into consideration the sizes of your air ducts can help your find the root of the problem. Air duct size should be comparable to the size of your HVAC unit. If ducts are the improper size, they may not be able to distribute air flow efficiently and to all parts of your home.
- Air Leaks or Faulty Insulation. If your home was poorly sealed or insulated this can for sure cause your HVAC system to run constantly and wastefully. You can be losing cool air that summertime demands your have in your home through the small holes and cracks from non-insulated walls, attic or roof. If your home happens to be losing cool air this way, there is no other fix then to have your home properly and efficiently sealed and insulated.
About ABC Cleaning, Inc. of Orlando, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1992, ABC Cleaning, Inc. has been the acknowledged leader in air duct cleaning, chimney cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We’re NADCA certified, we consistently invest in and have the most modern equipment and utilize the latest technology available with the best-trained service technicians in all of Orlando. If you need help deciding whether to replace or repair faulty ducts, please contact us at ABC. We provide quality HVAC service throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities. Please give us a call today at 407-477-4302. We are here to help!