Your air ducts see a lot of traffic, especially during temperature extremes. But do they really need the kind of cleaning other surfaces in your home do?
Your air ducts may need cleaning if you see these signs:
- An air duct with permanent or long-term water damage.
- Mold, mildew, slime, or other microbial growth.
- Debris buildup that restricts air-flow.
- Dust, cobwebs, or other debris visibly blowing from ductwork/registers.
- Evidence of insect or rodent infestation.
- Offensive odors from your ductwork or HVAC system.
- Frequent bouts of illness or allergies among your family.
- Fiberglass ductwork, which collects contaminants more easily than sheet metal.
Is cleaning my air ducts really that important?
During normal operation, dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning has been shown to reduce this growth, as well as increase the efficiency of your system. In fact, in some cases of extreme buildup, it can increase efficiency as much as 40 percent!
How are air ducts cleaned?
Duct cleaning depends on the extent of buildup in your ducts. A trained technician will inspect each air duct, opening all access panels. Once it is determined cleaning is necessary, equipment will be gathered to address your cleaning needs, including brushes and vacuum equipment specially designed to remove ductwork debris. In addition to cleaning supply ducts, return ducts, air vents, and diffusers, your system will also undergo routine cleaning and maintenance as well, addressing system components such as your heat exchanger, coils, drain pan, fan motor and housing, and system housing. This ensures thorough cleaning results as well as the smooth and efficient operation. In all cases of duct cleaning, it is also necessary to address the source of the dirty air duct to prevent recurrence, including moisture, water, dust, debris, pest contamination, and other pollutants.
Can I do it myself?
Poor air duct cleaning practices have actually been shown to decrease the air quality in your home. Be certain to protect your home and family by choosing a reputable air duct cleaning company such as ABC Cleaning, Inc who is in good standing with the (NADCA) National Air Duct Cleaning Association, whose strict requirements help ensure skillfully performed, effective cleaning.
Want to reduce the need for duct cleaning?
- Regularly change your air filter.
- Regularly schedule annual professional maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Ensure air intakes are properly located.
- Have your ductwork regularly inspected.
About ABC Cleaning, Inc. of Orlando, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1992, ABC Cleaning, Inc. has been the acknowledged leader in air duct cleaning, chimney cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We’re NADCA certified, we consistently invest in and have the most modern equipment and utilize the latest technology available with the best-trained service technicians in all of Orlando. If you need help deciding whether to replace or repair faulty ducts, please contact us at ABC. We provide quality HVAC service throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities. Please give us a call today at (407) 381-2120. We are here to help!