Washing and drying clothes is normally part of our daily or weekly routine. However, it is crucial to keep your clothes dryer in proper working condition to maintain the safety of your home and your family. Ensuring that you avoid these specific bad habits can help you avoid a potentially tragic house fire.
- Professional Installation. Professional technicians can ensure the proper and careful installation of your dryer. These professionals should be knowledgeable about all different kinds of units–from gas and electric dryers to washer/dryer combos. These technicians are familiar with most manufacturer recommendations, such as the proper installation of the vent pipe.
- Regular Servicing. Experts suggest that the primary cause of clothes dryer fires is failure to clean and maintain them.
- Keep the Surrounding Area Free of Flammables. Dryer lint is not the only flammable that should be considered and kept clear of the heat of the dryer unit.
- Clean the Lint Filter Before and After Each Load of Laundry. The most common sources of ignition in dryer fires are household dust and lint.
- Use Only Rigid or Flexible Metal Venting Material. Most clothes dryer makers specify the use of flexible or rigid metal venting material for sustaining proper drying time and airflow.
- Ensure Air Exhaust Vent Pipe is Unrestricted. Blocked dryer vents are one of the leading causes of dryer fires.
- Do Not Overload. It’s easy to procrastinate on laundry, especially when you have a busy schedule, but heavy loads are too hard on dryers.
- Inspect Gas Lines. Only Qualified professionals should inspect the gas line and connection to ensure that they are free of leaks and intact.
- Use the Correct Plug & Outlet. Overloaded electrical sockets often result in tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses, which may lead to a house fire.
- Never Run the Dryer When You Leave Home or Are Sleeping. For you own safety, consider running the dryer only when you are home and awake.
Clothes dryer vent cleanings & inspections prevent unnecessary deaths, injuries, and property damage. Don’t become a dryer fire statistic. Call the dryer vent cleaning experts at ABC Cleaning today!
About ABC Cleaning, Inc. of Orlando, FL
Serving Central Florida since 1992, ABC Cleaning, Inc. has been the acknowledged leader in air duct cleaning, chimney cleaning and dryer vent cleaning. We’re NADCA certified, we consistently invest in and have the most modern equipment and utilize the latest technology available with the best-trained service technicians in all of Orlando. If you need help deciding whether to replace or repair faulty ducts, please contact us at ABC. We provide quality HVAC service throughout Orlando and the surrounding communities. Please give us a call today at (407) 381-2120. We are here to help!